Sunday, June 29, 2008
Comfort Zone
Why does it always seem like when we get comfortable it's inevitable that change is going to happen. It's like that with jobs, where you live, church callings, having babies, etc..... I am someone who gets in my comfort zone & I don't like to venture out of that zone very much. I have a hard time with being the new one on the block. Growing up my dad would always say "This will be a great learning experience for you." Well guess what, I think it stinks! I've been thinking about this a lot with our move coming up & I just get this sick feeling. I know we'll be fine but I just can't wait until we get settled. In the church news a while back, there was an article about this same topic. It talked a lot about how we have to have faith in order to come out of our comfort zones & do the things that we know we need to do. I know why we go through change but I just don't think it's very fun. I know that we'll grow & learn more about ourselves but I just wish we could figure this out in other ways. What's ironic about this whole thing is that I felt this same way five years ago when we moved to Arizona. Looking back at our time here I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've grown in so many ways & I know that it was a great learning experience for me (I know Dad, you told me so). I know that I will have a great experience with this next move & that with the right attitude & with faith, I'll be fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
I understand where you are coming from. Some moves are easier then others. This one should be a breeze. You are going home...
I hate trying to figure everything out again, get signed up for this. Find new friends and activities for the kids blah blah blah... Any ways, you will do great. You are so fun to be with, and people will be flocking to hang out with your adorable family. You won't be the new kid on the block for long. It could be worse... You could be living in Arkansas with the rednecks. HA HA!! Well, I miss you. Where in Utah are moving too?
cyndi...
it's rindy. i saw on heather's blog that you are moving! that was a shocker. but i was relieved that we will be moving too so i don't have to be mad at you for not being able to do my hair anymore. :-)congrats! and i am TOTALLY on the same page as you about being afraid to move. it made me feel better reading your post knowing that i'm not the only one that HATES getting out of my comfort zone. we are going to CO which i am thrilled about but so scared to have to start over and that whole gig. anyways, we will be fine, right? your blog looks cute! just wanted to say HI and good luck! you are awesome and i didn't get the chance to tell you thank you so much for doing my hair while we were in mesa. it was always so fun to see you.
I dont know what you two are talking about (RINDY AND CYNDI)...because you both are ditching me! I am the one with no stinkin' comfort zone:) I know what ya mean Cyndi...that was me every single year at BYU. I cried all the way there because I didn't want to leave, and then I cried all the way home because I didnt want to leave. And as elated as I was to move from Utah to Az with Tyler and be closer to my fam, I had a hard time...change is no fun!
Moving is so hard. I thought I would never make it 2 years ago when we moved. And we only moved 15 minutes away. But when you know it is the right thing to do, you can be comforted to know that your change is for the good. You guys love Utah. You will be so glad to be close to your families. My guess is that you will make and find time to see the great friends you have made in AZ.
cyndi, you have many gifts that will help you with this move...you are so easy to be around, fun and a great friend. know why do you have to move again, i'm sure gonna miss ya!
Post a Comment