Monday, October 13, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like........Halloween?



Wait a minute, I thought snow was supposed to be for Christmas not Halloween!!! That was part of our agreement for moving back to Utah. I don't know what's worse trick or treating in 100 degree weather in AZ or when it's snowing in UT & you have to be bundled up & no one can tell what your costume is. Yes, it's true we got our first snow storm this weekend & my kids loved it. They loved watching the snow fall & they even had to try a little taste of the snow (don't worry, it wasn't yellow!) They have seen the snow before but this was a whole new experience for them. They were so sad that the snow had all melted by the afternoon. Josh & I reassured them that there would be plenty of snow coming in the next couple of months & to not get to upset about it. To add to our fun snowy weekend we got to visit with our friends Heather & Tyler. They were visiting from Arizona & had come up to go the BYU football game. It was so fun seeing them & it made us really sad to see them go. We had a lot of fun times with them in Gilbert & we are so glad that we got to see them this weekend.

14 comments:

Karole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karole said...

Oh what fun it is...to live in Utah!!! Gotta love the snow:) I actually don't know what I will do without snow on Christmas...It will be kinda werid to be here in the warm weather.

Anyways, looks like you guys are enjoying home! We miss you tons. Braxton asked about Tate the other day. He said, "why can't we play with him"? I told him that you moved and he said, "well I don't care I still want to play with him". It took awhile explaining that he was in Utah and it was to far away. ..They really had alot of fun together. It's to bad you had to move but I totally understand!!! Tell everyone hi for us!

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

Ummm...NOPE don't miss it! I do miss the leaves changing though!

Marlyce said...

Nothing says welcome back to Utah like an early October snow storm. It could be worse, just keep telling yourself that.

colemanmartinezfamily said...

SNOW...WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS WEATHER?
i bet the kids had a great time and i bet you are glad that the snow is gone!

Rob & Autum said...

I am so glad you found our blog! It is such a fun way to keep in touch. I can't believe how grown up your kids are.

I don't know if you noticed but a some of our other cousins have blogs. They are on my blog list if you want to check them out.

Brooke {B} said...

Hey this is Brooke.. I just was looking at my sisters blog and saw yours. I was looking at the pictures of Hayden- I miss being her primary teacher! She was my favorite :) Tell her that I said Hi! We just moved to Utah also... its freezing!

Karen said...

Hello! I didn't know you moved back to Utah! How fun for your family! Tell everyone hello from us and now that your vacation time doesn't need to be spent visiting family...come visit us!

heather ann said...

We had so much fun with you guys and miss you SO much! I love that Hayden is in a tank top holding the snow...go figure right? We need to find a way to live near eachother (which means I have to move to Utah...that's a story for another day) just so we can talk about life and make eachother feel better about sometimes wanting to strangle our naughty four year olds in the grocery store... or the joys of two year olds...or the joys of boys..or....well the list is long. I sure miss ya!

Andrea said...

I must say I am not missing that UT weather. We are still at 80 degrees. Have fun with that.

Kim Allsup said...

Oh I just found your blog from cousin Karen! I LOVE blogging! I am so excited to "SEE" you and your cute family!

Lori said...

Hi it's Lori Cook Ford! I got your blog off Kim's. Hope you don't mind. Your family is gorgeous. Your little girl is a mini you! We are in the process of moving too and I have the same emotions. I read your blog and cried because I feel the same way. You are so lucky or I should say blessed to be back to Utah near family. I miss family so much! Good luck with your new adventure! Tell your family hello for me!

Emilee said...

I saw your blog on Karoles and just wanted to say how adorable your family is. And yes, welcome back to Utah and the beautiful weather:)

Emilee Cox

Anonymous said...

oh just looking at the snow is making me dread winter. Lets hope we don't get any more for a long time!