Friday, October 24, 2008

Moving Prayer

Last night when Josh finished up with our family bedtime prayer Tate said, "Daddy that prayer moved me." Josh & I looked at each other and we were thinking "Oh yeah, we're doing something right, he felt the spirit." Josh asked Tate, "Was it a good feeling in your heart or all throughout your body?" Tate replied, "No daddy, your prayer made me move my body all over like this." He started rolling his body all over the place. There went the spiritual moment. Josh & I lost it. We started laughing so hard because here we thought he was actually moved by the prayer & in truth he probably didn't hear a word Josh said. Oh well, what do you do. At least we're trying, right?? Maybe someday he will be "moved" by one of our prayers.

7 comments:

Camille said...

That is so funny! What a hoot! Are you guys writing down all of the funny things your kids say? I did!, and I'm SO glad I did too! I still crack up when I read them!!! Hope all is well with you guys! WUV YA

Andrea said...

That is great. It is so good that you recorded that. Kids say the funniest things.

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

Little boys crack me up...how cute! With parents like you and Josh I think he will definitely be a Spiritual giant!

Mary said...

thanks for the laugh!

heather ann said...

OH Tate, you're so funny!
Hey Cynd, I was Esme too!!!! Did you get that from Seriously So Blessed.com? Gotta love Tamn!!

Andrea said...

Hi Cyndi. Andrea Brown here. I found you through Mary's blog. Sounds like you are settling in-what a huge project! We were actually visiting during that October snow. We loved it! But we also knew we wouldn't have to shovel it all winter long either. : ) We miss you here! Take care. If you don't mind, I'd like to link you on my blog.

Bryn said...

So cute!! I wish these boys had a chance to play together a little more. I think some of Tate's "goodness" could rub off on Dax!