It's been an interesting week for us. Last Saturday Hayden went to a place called "Jump On It" & she broke her leg. She was on a trampoline & a bigger kid jumped behind her & made her lose her balance. She landed half way on the hard part of the trampoline that surrounds the perimeter of the tramp & the actual bouncy part. The sad thing is, is that if she would have landed completely on the bouncy part she would have just bounced & not been hurt. The break is right below her knee on her right leg. Because of where the break is they had to do a full leg cast instead of a half cast. This has definitely made bathing, getting dressed, getting up & down the stairs, getting in & out of the car, getting to the bathroom, etc.....very difficult for her. Luckily she has crutches & everyday it's getting easier for her to get around on them. She has been such a trooper through all of this. It's been so great seeing all of her friends, neighbors, family, primary teachers, & classmates stop by to wish her well. The doctor said that she should only have the cast on for 5 weeks but we'll just have to see the closer we get. It's been a great "learning experience" for our family. The boys have been Hayden's helpers & they think it's cool that their sister has a bright pink cast on (although they are quite jealous of all the gifts she's been receiving). Josh & I keep saying how grateful we are that it's just a break & that at least in 5 weeks she'll be able to get the cast off.....it could be worse:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Hayden, you are the cutest pink casted lady Ive ever seen!! Im so sorry about your leg...but hey, take advantage of those brothers getting you whatever you need...I like it!! We hope you heal quickly-sure love you!!
Poor little thing. We're wishing her a speedy recovery.
Holy cow! It's amazing what you find out when you decide to catch up on bloggin! I had no idea Hayden broke her leg. That's crazy.
I hope she's doing better and I all is well with your family.
OH I hope she is okay. WE just bought a tramp for our kiddos, and I so worry. Well I try not too, because they have to live but... I do.
Wish her well.
Post a Comment