Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hayden's Swim Team







This summer we decided to sign Hayden up for the Gilbert Rec Swim Team. It was pretty intense. She had practice Monday thru Friday mornings for 45 minutes each day. Her swim meets were every Saturday & they started at 7:30 a.m., but she needed to be there at 7:00. The meets would easily last a couple of hours. Even though it was crazy getting her to the practices & the meets, she had an awesome experience. They worked them really hard each practice and she would come home totally exhausted. In some practices they would have them do 100 meters without resting. She learned the butterfly, breaststroke, freestyle, & backstroke. I am so proud of her. It wasn't easy & she never gave up. I know that I couldn't have kept up in those practices. I hope that she learned a lot from this experience & that she realizes that with a little hard work & dedication, she can do anything. We love you Hayden!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!! That is intense. It sounds like it was a great experience. What a neat accomplishment for her.

C & C said...

Hey Harwood it's moonpuppy. Looks like you have a great family. I'll keep checking your blog for new stuff. Sounds like you'll be in Utarrrrrr. I'll have to get your info and next time we're in town we'll get together with Stark and do something. Our blog links to our name if you want to check it out. Ours is more pictures and less words. I'm fat.
Moondogg