Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thankful for what I have

We have some friends who are going through a real trial right now. They just gave birth to a darling little baby girl who's heart is not doing very well. They have pictures of her hooked up to these machines & cords & IV's going everywhere. I can't even imagine what they are going through & how they are feeling. They are so strong & faithful & I hope they know how many people are praying & fasting for them. She writes updates everyday about their babies status & I anxiously check their blog to see how things are going each day. It's during times like this that make you really stop & think about what's important in our lives. I am so thankful to have a husband & kids who are healthy & happy. I am thankful for wonderful friends & family who support & love me no matter what. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me & my family each & every day. I am thankful for this Christmas season that we have to celebrate the birth of our Savior. I know that through prayer & fasting miracles can happen & I know that this precious baby girl is being watched over by our loving Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Shanen said...

It makes you think twice when someone else has a difficult trial. Heidi and Chris have been blessed, and their testimonies strengthened. We had a ward fast for them on Sunday, and it was amazing. We hope Jersey keeps making progress, even if it is just tiny steps. Hope you guys are doing great and have a wonderful holiday.

Karole said...

That is so sad:( I hope everything goes ok for them, that has got to be so hard. I don't know why but this pregnancy I was so scared to do my ultrasound for fear they would tell me something was wrong with the baby...you just never know what challenges you will have to face. Luckily the baby is developing fine which made me feel much better. People ask me if I am sad that I'm having another boy and not a girl. Are you kidding me??? I'm just happy that so far the baby is healthy with no problems, what more can you ask for. Anyways, I hope all goes well with your friends and will keep them in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Andrea said...

Hearing about others always makes you stop and think. I am grateful for my blessings... thank you for the reminder.