Friday, February 27, 2009

Sweet Moments


Yesterday Josh & I were able to take our little family to the open house for the new Draper Temple that's going to be dedicated in a few weeks. From the get go I knew Hayden would absolutely love the experience & I wasn't worried about her at all but I was definitely worried about how the boys were going to be. Let's just say they aren't the quietest ones at church. Josh kept telling me that if I was going to have that kind of attitude about it then that's exactly how they were going to act (well all I can say is that I've had PLENTY of experiences with my boys where they've been a complete nightmare at Walmart, Costco, restaurants, etc...... the list could go on & on:) Anyways, yesterday morning before we loaded up we sat the kids down & talked to (or threatened:) them about needing to be quiet & walking (not running) while we were in the temple. When we finally got to the temple & got inside, the kids could definitely feel that this was a special place and they settled down & tried really hard to be reverent. The rooms were absolutely beautiful & the favorite room for all of us was definitely the Celestial room. We could have sat there in that room for hours but unfortunately the patience of a 2 & 4 year old aren't very long so they wanted to keep on moving. I was sitting by Hayden & she looked up at me & said," Mom, I just felt the spirit!" She was so excited & she had tears in her eyes. She kept saying how she wanted to stay in that special room forever. It's moments like these that make me stop & really see the big picture. I'm so glad that we took our kids to see this beautiful temple. Hayden absolutely loved every moment of it, Tate hasn't stopped talking about it & how beautiful he thought it was, & Rex well let's just say that he did pretty well considering that he's only 2 years old. I'm so thankful to have a husband who is such a great example to me & the kids. He motivates me to want to be a better person, wife & mom. I'm thankful to have these opportunities to teach our kids & to help them feel the spirit. I know this is an experience that we'll always remember.

5 comments:

Cole, Heather, Brylee and Lilly said...

Hey there, this is Cole. I just wanted to drop a note and say hi. We haven't seen you in forever. Your kids are getting so big. They sure are cute. We hope that all is well for your family. Take care!!

Camille said...

Cute Cindy! Our kids have a special way of making us appreciate the little things! It made me remember when Matasha was sealed to us she kept wanting to go back to see the "Chef People" with the funny hats! It was cute! But even at 3 yrs old she enjoyed it!!! We miss you guys :) take care and keep posting! It's the only way to keep on those angels of yours! (& you and Josh too of course!)

Chris and Dianne Clan said...

What a sweet memory for your family! I still remember going through the Jordan River Temple when I was little! Hayden will never forget what she felt that day! Very special and thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see that temple when we come to Utah this summer!

amy morgan said...

I got goose bumps when I read what Hayden said! I love it when they can feel and recognize that ;) So sweet! Yeah, mom and dad, for giving her opportunities to know how it feels!

Shanen said...

What a great experience for a family. I can't wait for the Gilbert Temple to get started. I want the kdis to see it built and then to attend the walk through. What a special time.

Hope the snow has slowed down and you are getting some outside time. It is supposed to be 90 here today. I might just appreciate the snow on a day like this. take care